- Your personal data rights.
- What information we collect.
- Why and how we collect information.
- How we use that information.
- How we secure and share that information.
- How you can control the information we have.
- Our treatment of personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) obtained through your use of or access to the Services.
- Our treatment of Personal Information shared between The Q and our business partners.
PERSONAL DATA RIGHTS
The Q supports your rights as the subject of your own Personal Data, which includes the following:
- The right to be informed as to how we use your Personal Data.
- The right to know exactly what Personal Data we hold about you and how it is processed.
- The right to correct your Personal Data that may be inaccurate or incomplete.
- The ‘right to be forgotten’ and have your Personal Data deleted or removed at your request and discretion, unless prohibited by law.
- The right block or suppress processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to access or reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes.
- The right to object to your Personal Data being used in certain circumstances.
- The right to be protected against significant decisions based solely on automated data processing.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT: WHAT, HOW, & WHY
You may visit our website without any form of registration and without telling us who you are. However, access to the Service does require you to provide us with Personal Data. If you choose to withhold any Personal Data requested by us, it may not be possible for you to gain access to all or parts of the Service. We collect information in order to operate the Service, improve Service to all of our users, and personalize the user’s experience. This information is used by The Q to identify you and provide you with support services, mailings, sales and marketing actions, and to meet contractual obligations.
- Information you give us When you create an account using the Service (“Account”), you must provide Registration Data which could be Personal Information, such as your name, phone number, email address, password(s) or other authentication information. You may also provide additional information to enhance your user experience. If you create an account by connecting through another Third Party Service, we may use public information from that connected account, as well as any additional information that you allow such Third Party Service to share with us, to help complete your account and enhance your experience with The Q. By using the Service and creating your Account you acknowledge that the Personal Information provided to us allows others, including us, to identify you and therefore may not be anonymous. We may use your contact information to contact you about the Service or other related products. You may unsubscribe from some of these messages by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, however, we maintain the right to contact you whenever we believe it is necessary.
- Information we get from your use of our services We may collect information about the Service that you use and how you use such Service. This information includes:
- Device information We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Login information When you use our Service or view Content, we may collect information (such as page views, protocol, events, browser information and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser).
- Unique application numbers Certain features or functionality embodied in the Service may include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be collected as you access or use the Service.
- Local storage We may collect and store information (including personal data) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Service, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can also reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, it should be of note that some aspects of the Service may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For more information see our cookie statement below.
We use first and third party cookies for several different reasons. Some cookies are required for our Service to work. They are necessary to provide you with the Service and to use its features. Refusing them will impact how our Service functions and you may not be able to use our service at all. Some cookies enable us to personalize your experience and improve our functionality. Without these cookies, some functions may be unavailable. Other cookies are served for marketing, advertising, and analytics. These cookies help us understand how our service is used, how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They also ensure ads are properly displayed and prevent the same ads from continuously reappearing.
We and our third party partners may use other similar technologies from time to time, such as web beacons, pixels, and other tracking technologies. This allows us to monitor traffic patterns of users, serve and communicate with cookies, understand how you accessed our Service, deliver targeted advertisements, improve Service performance, and measure the success of marketing campaigns. You do not have the ability to discretely reject these, however, since they are reliant on cookies to function property, declining cookies will impair the function of these technologies.
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including reasonable encryption and cyber security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to Personal Data to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
INFORMATION SHARING – THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties for the purposes described in this Policy, in limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Providing a service. Sometimes we share your information with our third party service providers who help provide and support the Service. Third party service providers may only use your Personal Data for the provision of services to us in a manner consistent with this Policy. Examples of third party service providers include payment processors, hosting services, and content delivery services.
- Legally Required. We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Service, its Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
TARGETED ONLINE ADVERTISING
With third party service providers, we will track and analyze collective information from interaction with our Service. We also may partner with third parties (advertisers and ad networks) to display advertising within our Service and manage our advertising on other platforms. These third parties collect information about collective online activities, and use that collective data to target user segments. Users are only segmented in ways that cannot be employed to find an individual. Advertisements are tailored to a segment, not an individual user.
Upon registration, we employ the following opt-in consents. In the case where user accounts were created prior to the launch of these opt-in consents, the users are prompted for consent on their next launch of the Service.
- I have read and agree to the Terms of Service. (acceptance required for use of Service)
We will only retain your personal data as long as is necessary to maintain and service your account. Upon your account becoming inactive, or upon your request, we will delete your personal data. General data about your usage of our Service will be maintained only on a collective group level, and only for research and reference purposes.
ACCESS TO AND CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that we have about you.
- Correct any information we have about you.
- Delete information that we have about you, unless prohibited by law (note that deletion of certain data may require deletion of your account with The Q and result in you no longer being able to access or use the Service).
In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfill your data request by sending a copy of your personal data electronically to the email address we have on file, unless otherwise specified in your request. There is no charge for you to access or update your personal information.
If you have any inquiries, requests, or questions about our collection, maintenance, and storage of personal data, please contact us at:
The Q Live Trivia
1000 Johnnie Dodds Blvd, Suite 103-358
Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
In the unlikely event of a personal data breach, where such breach will result in risk to you, we will notify the appropriate authorities within 72 hours. This notification will describe the breach in detail, including potential consequences, measures we are taking to mitigate the breach, and a point of contact for additional information. If we cannot provide all this information at once, we will provide it in phases, as soon as available and without delay.
When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between The Q and one or more individual users.
EU DATA PROTECTION ADDENDUM
You acknowledge that The Q can use and disclose data relating to the operation, support and/or use of the Services for its legitimate business purposes, such as billing, account management, technical support, product development and sales and marketing. To the extent any such data is considered Personal Data under Data Protection Laws, The Q is the Data Controller of such data and accordingly shall process such data in accordance with this Policy and applicable Data Protection Laws.
You agree that we may engage sub-processors (third party service providers) to process your data. For each of these sub-processors we will (i) enter into a written agreement imposing data protection terms that require the Sub-processor to protect your Personal Data to the standard required by GDPR; and (ii) remain responsible for its compliance with the obligations of this Policy and for any acts or omissions of the Sub-processor that cause us to breach any of its obligations under this Policy.
We will make sure that any person who we authorize to process your data (including its staff, agents and subcontractors) shall be under an appropriate obligation of confidentiality (whether a contractual or statutory duty).
We will provide you an up-to-date list of the Sub-processors we have appointed upon written request. You can object in writing to our use of a Sub-processor within five (5) calendar days of such notice, provided that such objection is based on reasonable grounds relating to data protection. We will discuss your concerns and try to reach a resolution. If this is not possible, you can suspend or terminate your account.
If a law enforcement agency sends us a demand for your Personal Data, we will attempt to redirect them to request that data directly from you. To do this we may provide your basic contact information. If subsequently compelled to disclose your data, we will give you as much notice as is reasonably possible to allow you to seek a protective order or other appropriate remedy (unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.